Saturday, February 12, 2011

Reason Number 3-Diversity!

People have many assumptions about homeschooling.  Many people assume that only the religious weirdos homeschool, or only people with kids with special needs, or only the granolas out there.  The truth is there are people from all walks of life, all faiths, all social areas who homeschool their children and their reasons are as diverse as you can imagine.  When I started homeschooling I had a friend tell me my children were going to be weird.  I figured they might be, but they’d be weird in public school or they’d be weird homeschoolers…  Being homeschooled wasn’t going to change that Winking smile

The truth is, if you’re willing, there are SO many opportunities out there for homeschoolers, that you can achieve so much. 

This is an article a friend of mine shared about some of the many reasons other families homeschool.  I like the way it lays it out there and celebrated diversity.  If you have a chance, it’s worth the read.

So why do you homeschool?  Or why don’t you?  I’d love to share!

No comments:

Post a Comment